- The name Alice may refer to multiple subjects. Please see Alice for other uses of the term.
|“|| Hurry, let's go get my dad. I'm not going anywhere until I know he's okay.
Alice Wade is an employee of Armacham Technology Corporation. Despite having no knowledge of Project Origin, she plays a major role in F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon and makes a cameo appearance in F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point. She is voiced by Melissa Roberts.
The daughter of Harlan Wade, Alice was raised with much love by her father. Despite that she went to work for Armacham Technology Corporation, she was never informed of the fact that she had a sister, or that her sister was horrifically abused as part of a top-secret Armacham project known as Project Origin. Because of her gentle upbringing, Alice's personality is kind and cheery, a sharp contrast to the hate-filled persona of Alma Wade. Her upbringing also made her very close to her father, and she remained unaware of the crimes he had committed against his eldest daughter.
Not long before the events of F.E.A.R., Alice begins work on a survey of the Auburn District studying the analysis on contamination at the South River Wastewater Treatment Plant. Because of Alice's lack of knowledge of her sister and Project Origin, she never understands that the contamination is coming from the secret Origin facility, where a combination of toxic chemicals and Alma's unbridled rage act to make anyone within the area feel sick. In regards to the Auburn District itself, she noted that people would feel "nauseated or uncomfortable after spending any amount of time there", but she found it very strange that, although the cause of the phenomenon was most logically a chemical pollutant, there was nothing showing up as a contaminant in either the soil nor the groundwater.
While working with Norton Mapes on the survey, Alice began to feel harassed by the vast amounts of sexual innuendo he used around her and threatened to file a report. To this end, Iain Hives, a high ranking member of the survey, calls Mapes and tells him to tone it down, as a report would bring unwanted attention to their current project.
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault ReconEdit
During F.E.A.R., Alice is rescued from Replica Forces by the Point Man and requests that her father, Harlan Wade, be found, stating that she "can't leave without him". Regardless, the Point Man proceeds to escort her to a rescue helicopter provided by Delta Force.
Alice is an anxious person, and subsequently panics and runs off from protective custody of the F.E.A.R. team after the UH-60 Black Hawk transport arriving to rescue her is shot down by a Hind D Gunship under the control of Paxton Fettel's clone soldiers. This does not help the fact that she already has aviophobia, a fear of flying.
Separated from the F.E.A.R. operatives, she evades being taken back into protective custody and rushes to the Auburn District in search of her father. She is subsequently taken prisoner and killed by Paxton Fettel. Her corpse is partially cannibalized when the F.E.A.R. Point Man finally reaches her again in the Vault.
Although at the end of F.E.A.R. it is revealed that both the Point Man and Fettel are her nephews, she is unaware of this, given her lack of knowledge about the existence of Alma. Alice is at one point approached by her sister inside Armacham Headquarters, but she has no memory of the incident.
F.E.A.R.: Extraction PointEdit
In F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point, Alice can be observed sitting on a rusty bed with her arms crossed during a hallucination, shaking her head and body as if in an uncontrollable panic or fear and possibly crying.
- According to gaming magazine PC Gamer, Alma's mother, Elizabeth Wade, died in labor, meaning that Alice is from a different mother.[source?]
- Aside from merely having an opposite personality to that of Alma, Alice is also physically opposite of Alma, with blonde hair, in contrast to Alma's black hair.
- Alice and Alma are the only two characters in the series shown to be barefoot.
- In a voicemail from Harlan, he tells Alice to go to his office and download a file on his laptop called "Proteus". The file contains directions to the Origin facility, where Alma's dead body lies. It is unknown why Harlan would send Alice to the dangerous Origin facility, although it's possible that he meant to kill both himself and Alice, given his obvious suicidal tendencies when he releases Alma later on.
- Alice's voice actress also voices Alma.