|“|| Don't touch me! Stay away from me!
Cedric Griffin is a Delta Force Operative and commander of Dark Signal who works alongside Michael Becket in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. During the course of the game, it is revealed that Griffin possesses telepathic powers, and had been part of a secret experiment known as Project Harbinger when he was a child. He is voiced by Phil LaMarr.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project OriginEdit
Griffin is part of a team sent to take Armacham Technology Corporation president Genevieve Aristide into custody just before an explosion that rips apart the city. Griffin is captured by Aristide's guards and is taken to the Harbinger Facility to undergo a surgery designed to enhance his reflexes.
When Becket finds himself in the abandoned Harbinger Facility, he comes across a communication system and learns that Griffin and Keira Stokes are still alive. Both Delta teammates escape the facility and reach the surface with the help of Griffin. Like James Fox, Griffin reports hearing a woman crying and attempts to find her. He constantly reports searching for the woman but having difficulty determining where her cries are originating, but eventually encounters her.
The woman turns out to be Alma Wade, who brutally attacks him when he approaches causing him to open fire. Orders are sent out amongst the Dark Signal squad to rush to Griffin's aid. Stokes and Sgt. Becket arrive at Griffin's location first, where they witness him fighting Alma and her apparitions. He is quickly overpowered and, as the apparitions embrace him, he pleads with Stokes and Becket to take the opportunity to flee before being liquefied.
- Main article: Cedric Griffin/Quotes
- Griffin is voiced by Phil LaMarr, who also voices Hermes Conrad in Futurama, and SCU Agent LeRue in Condemned 2: Bloodshot, another game by Monolith Productions. He is possibly best known for providing the voice of the character Vamp in the Metal Gear Solid series.
- The nickname of "Top" refers to his rank: a First Sergeant (abbreviated as 1SG) is usually the highest ranking non-commissioned officer in a company, and is normally called the "Top Hat," as the commander of the company usually relies on the 1SG for advice and information on how his subordinates are doing.
- Griffin madly fought back against Alma when he realized something was wrong about her (unlike Fox and Harold Keegan, who were sympathetic to Alma due to her mind control); this makes him rather unique among the cast of F.E.A.R. 2, and that he was at least temporarily effective makes him unique in the series (aside from the protagonists).
- Griffin and Becket were the only members to get close enough to realize something wasn't right. Keegan was drawn to Alma and Fox never got close enough to realize what was wrong with her. Griffin might have realized that something was horribly different and fought back upon realizing Alma's violent motives.
- Griffin is the only Dark Signal team member (except for Becket, who can take any weapon he likes) who uses the Patten PK470 Assault Rifle, while the others use the Andra FD-99 Submachine Gun.
- Griffin is the face of the achievements/trophies Kiss the Cook, Raining Men, Finishing First, Veteran and Time Well Spent.
|Delta Force Operatives|
|A. Shepard • Bremmer • Cedric Griffin • D. Passalaqua • Douglas Holiday • E. Cotton • Harold Keegan • James Fox • Keira Stokes • Manuel Morales • Michael Becket • P. MacReady • P. Niculescu • Redd Jankowski • T. Atwood • Redd Schofield|