The Dual MP-970 is a dual wielded machine pistol in F.E.A.R. 3. It carries the most amount of bullets per magazine, and is perfect for use against melee-oriented enemies.
It deals out moderate damage and fires very rapidly, and despite being a dual wielded weapon, it has fairly good accuracy. While the Point Man can carry a lot of ammunition for this weapon, he needs a lot of ammunition to kill one enemy as well, so firing in bursts if the player wishes to conserve ammunition.
The MP-970 is a hybrid design featuring design elements from a pair of real-life machine pistols; the Polish PM-98 and the Steyr TMP, with the Steyr TMP's influence in the MP-970's design best seen in the grips of this weapon. The weapons uses a .40 cal ACP round, as listed on its side. This weapon is found in Intervals 03, 05, 07 and 08.
- Stamped on the side of the weapon is "FULL AUTO ONLY," and under that "FOR F.E.A.R. UNITS ONLY."
- When special Armacham soldiers use this weapon, they don't dual wield, but in fact fire only one of the guns. However, upon their death, dual pistols are available for pick-up, although the soldier was using only one.
- The MP-970s seem to have a slide operation akin to a Magnum Research Desert Eagle.
- The MP-970s have a green reflex sight, however, they are very thin and barely visible.
- Although the crosshairs of the weapon are the largest in the game (suggesting poor accuracy), the pistols actually can fire a fairly accurate group of shots at a longer distance than would be expected.
- 20 kills with MP-970 will unlock the "Bullet Hose" challenge that gives the player 3500 points.