The Knife is a weapon used in F.E.A.R. 3.
The knife is the first weapon available to the Point Man, being obtained during the opening cinematic. Appearance wise, it is stainless steel, with a cut-out in the center of the blade and a rubber grip. It has three different attacks: Left to right slash, right to left slash and the backstab, the latter of which is instantly fatal to all enemies except Phase Casters and Phase Commanders. The knife is also useless against Mech Mules, REV9 power armor, Enhanced Power Armor, and turrets.
- The knife is the only weapon that is always with the Point Man, as most of the other weapons (aside from the pistol) are taken away at the end of an Interval.
- If Paxton Fettel possesses an enemy soldier, he will be provided with a knife to use in the same manner as the Point Man.
- Though all enemy soldiers are equipped with a knife, they never use it. When in melee range, they will merely attempt to gun-butt or kick the player.
- Backstab 3 enemies will unlock the "Et Tu, Brute?" challenge that gives the player 2000 points.
- Melee kill 15 enemies, including the knife stab will unlock "Sweet Science" challenge that gives the player 3500 points.
- Before F.E.A.R. 3, the player will use gun to melee, in this game such action is replaced by the knife.