The Raab KM50 is a large-caliber sniper rifle found in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
"The Raab KM50 is a semi-automatic box magazine fed rifle chambered for .50 BMG. The weapon has a precision cryogenically stress-relieved barrel, a smooth match trigger and a 10x fixed scope suitable for extreme distances. Penetration is also exceptional with this weapon, making it ideal for armored targets. The slow rate of fire makes it most suited for situations in which the operator has time to evaluate and engage potential targets at stand-off ranges."
The Raab KM50 is an anti-materiel sniper rifle based on the British semi-automatic Sniper Rifle Accuracy International AS50 sniper rifle with the attribute of the bolt-action Accuracy International AW50, and is a bolt-action, long ranged weapon fitted with a fixed 10x magnification scope which has a built-in rangefinder. The KM50 is one of the most powerful weapons in the game, able to kill regular enemies with a single headshot, and even dispatch a Replica Heavy Armor with three such shots. It becomes even more potent when combined with Slow-Mo, allowing dangerous foes to be picked off at long range before they can become a threat.
When used by Replica Snipers, the KM50 has a visible red laser pointer, presumably as part of the rangefinding system; in-game, this serves the function of warning the player that a sniper is present and aiming for them. The powerful rounds deal extensive damage to Michael Becket, and due to their armor-piercing nature, deal damage to his health even if he still has armor.
The KM50 is first found right at the start of Interval 04, located on a box at the top of a staircase, just before Becket encounters his first Replica sniper unit.
Tactics and useEdit
- The KM50 is a great all-round weapon and capable of taking out almost anything at medium to long range. It's only weakness is at close.
- Headshot will kill any regular infantry except Heavy Armor, who needs 3 to drop one.
- Remnants are killable with KM50, it takes at least 5 headshots to kill.
- Go for headshots, this is the best way to conserve ammunition, combine KM50 with Slow-mo if the user has problem to aim.
- Keep the KM50 is a good idea while playing Hard mode, dangerous foes can be put down faster, and at safer distance. With Slow-mo, the KM50 will give it's user advantage of firepower and accuracy over Assault Rifle and Hammerhead.
- Ammunition for KM50 is usually scarce, thus only use KM50 while needed, conservation of ammunition is also important.
- It's waste of ammunition to use KM50 on Power Armor, instead use SR5 Missile Launcher, Hammerhead or Shark FL-3 Laser. Even Assault Rifle is a more practical choice.
Achievement / TrophyEdit
Kill 10 enemies with headshots using the KM50 to get the Achievement / Trophy "Dead Eye." The Achievement is worth 15 Gamerscore points.
- The KM50 has no crosshair when not zoomed, presumably to discourage firing from the hip in multi-player.
- The delay between shots is 1.36 seconds.
- While the rifle's description states it to be semi-automatic, Becket operates the bolt after every shot manually.
- In Hard mode, when fully geared, enemies with KM50 can kill Becket in 2~3 hits, although the enemies will also try to aim for the head, which results an instant kill.
- When used by Replica Snipers, it emits a laser sighting beam, but when wielded by the player, it has no such beam making possibility for the enemy have that kind of technique of where the aim at to award of their squad member.