F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault ReconEdit
The SM15 is a fully automatic machine pistol that makes its debut in the Xbox 360 port of F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon. It functions primarily as an alternative to the RPL Sub-Machinegun in that it is the only other low caliber, automatic weapon in the entire series, excluding F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin's Andra FD-99 Submachine Gun. Although the SM15 uses only a 30 round magazine (as opposed to the 50 round magazine used by the RPL), it more than makes up for this in being the only weapon other than the AT-14 Pistol that can be dual wielded by the Point Man. This feature allows it to put down more firepower for a longer period of time while increasing its maximum ammunition capacity to 600 rounds.
In order to implement the SM15 into F.E.A.R., the developers replaced many of the static RPL Sub-Machineguns lying around the environment with SM15s. In addition to this, many Replica soldiers and ATC security guards that carry RPLs in the PC version of F.E.A.R carry SM15s on the Xbox 360 version. These replacements effectively reduce the abundance of RPL ammunition.
The SM15's reloading and idle animations are identical to those of the AT-14 Pistol. When fired, the SM15 shows little signs of recoil, the weapon remaining almost completely stationary, even when dual wielded.
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and F.E.A.R. Perseus MandateEdit
In the expansions F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, the SM15 Machine Pistol is used significantly less by enemy forces, and is encountered primarily in weapons stashes placed throughout the environment.
- If one swaps the weapons while dual-wielding, they can get more ammo while keeping their weapons. However, there is a risk that one of the SM15s will disappear. This can also be done with the AT-14 Pistols.
- When used be enemies, the SM15 makes no firing sound, the player still can see muzzle flash though.
- While the timeline is listed as "both," it could also be regarded as "neither," since it's unclear how official the console ports are considered to be in terms of the two F.E.A.R. canons.
- This weapon, along with the Watson Automatic Shotgun, are created by the lead artist Erik Denham, who assisted the development of the console port. 
- The gun is actually an Olympic Arms OA-93 Pistol.