The Type-7 Particle Weapon is a particle beam-based sniper weapon found in F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon, F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate. When the beam hits a target, it will strip the target's flesh and armor, leaving behind only blackened skeletal remains.
F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault ReconEdit
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate and F.E.A.R. Extraction PointEdit
Despite many new weapons added in the expansions F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, the Type-7 Particle Weapon still remains as one of the most powerful weapons. Its ammunition even less common in the expansions.
The Type-7's high quality zoom and very high power makes it the ultimate long range weapon. One shot will kill any non REV6 Powered Armor, Replica Elite Soldier or Heavy Armor in one hit, however, enemies on higher difficulties will more likely to survive the Type-7 attack, leaving them with little health left. This high-damage attribute makes it very useful for destroying groups of enemies from a distance. Even with strong enemies, it is very effective and it is a handy weapon to have at all times. While the Type-7 has a small magazine size, its power means the player will be able to wipe out a group before they have to reload. The Type-7 is tactically a Plasma railgun, it is useful against any enemy, provided that Point Man has a decent aim. Normal enemies struck by the Type-7's beam will leave a burnt skeleton, sometimes turning the enemy into a cloud of blood and pieces instead.
Ammo for this weapon is uncommon, so it should not be used as a primary weapon. However, ammunition for this weapon becomes somewhat more common the closer the player gets to the Vault.
- When held, the Type-7 slows down the player's movement by a noticeable amount, so the player should be aware of its speed penalties when used.
- At range, Type-7 is superior than any weapon the player will find, this is an ideal answer to Replica Snipers, or engage the enemy from afar.
- It is advised to not fire multiple shots during Slow-Mo, as the weapon's short charge-up time in between shots will be considerably longer while in Slow-Mo. Moreover, the recoil per shot is quite high in Slow-Mo, thus causing inaccuracy.
- The low rate of fire should be taken into consideration, as players will struggle in engaging groups of enemies in close proximity with the Type 7. Unless the player can keep attacking and evading assailants, it is more wise to take out one target at a time in longer distances.
- The Type-7 is a good backup weapon in fighting REV6 Powered Armors if the MOD-3 Multi-Rocket Launcher is not available, provided that explosives, such as the N6A3 Fragmentation Grenades, are also used.
- In the first game, the player will find the Type-7 is more common after Interval 07, because the Point Man will lose his weapons in Interval 10, he can feel free to use it, but use the Type-7 with caution is still recommended.
- On High or Extreme difficulty, if an instant kill is needed, go for headshots, this does not apply to Heavy Armor or Power Armor, however.
- It is not clear on how the scope of the weapon is activated. Apparently, the Point Man zooms in without activating any other (known) operational mechanism of the Type-7.
- The scope has a range finder, the only weapon in F.E.A.R. and its expansions possess such function.
- It is also not understood on how exactly this weapon is reloaded. The Point Man is not seen inserting any magazine but he is seen "pulling" a bolt on the top of the weapon at the end of the reload sequence.
- Furthermore, by looking at the Point Man's shadow when reloading, no magazine is ever inserted into the weapon.
- For some reason, the Type-7 used by the enemies rarely kills the Point Man in one shot (assuming he has 100+ health), and yet, the Type-7 is extremely powerful. This is probably due to balancing reasons, to make the game less frustrating.
- The Type-7 can instantly hit/kill enemies, even while using Slow-Mo. Often times, it's so fast that most victims can't even scream or groan in agony unlike the other weapons. Although in some cases, a few targets are able to yell in their final moments.